The City of Valley Falls offers a variety of convenient payment options for our residents. Simply choose the option that best suits your needs.
Utility Billing Information
- Utility bills are mailed out on the first business day of the month.
- Residents are responsible for receiving their utility bills.
- Utility bills are due by the 20th of each month
Payment By Mail
If paying by check or money order through the mail, please send all payments with your payment coupon. To avoid late fees, please mail your payment at least five-seven business days before the due date specified on your bill.
Automatic Bank Draft
The worry-free way to pay your bill. With this service, the amount of your monthly bill is automatically deducted from your bank account and credited to your utility account on the 15th of the month. There is no set-up fee or charge associated with this method of payment. To set up Automated Bank Draft, visit https://valleyfalls.frontdeskgworks.com to set up an online utility bill account and enroll in automatic payment.
Payment Drop-off Location
You may pay your bill in person at our office address. We accept cash, check, or money orders. To avoid longer wait times, please note that Mondays, Fridays and the first day after a holiday are normally very busy.
Payment Through Financial Institution Online Bill Pay
Many financial institutions such as major banks offer their customers the ability to pay their bills via an online bill payment service (through your bank's website). Normally, these services debit the customer's checking or savings account to pay the bill. Depending on the financial institution, they may or may not charge a fee for the service. Payments may take up to seven business days to post to the customer's account. Please consult with your bank for more information.
Delinquent Account Information
- Late fee of 10% of the amount outstanding will be added to accounts on the 21st of the month or the first business day following the 21st.
- Reminder notices will be mailed on postcards to accounts that have an outstanding over $5.00 on the 21st of each month or the first business day following the 21st. Notices will state outstanding amount is due by the 27th of the month.
- For accounts that are over $20.00, a Shut Off notice will be generated on the 27th of each month or the first business day following the 27th. If not paid by the 27th, the service will be shut off by noon on the 28th.
If service is disconnected there will be a $75.00 reconnect fee.
- Upon payment of past due amount, including late fee, and reconnect fee, water service will be restored.
- If the City receives a return check for utility payment, water will be shut off immediately, the reconnect & return check charges will apply.
- The City participates with the State of Kansas Set Off Program in order to collect delinquent debts.
- Bad debts are also turned over to the City’s legal counsel in order to collect amounts
- Return check charge is $30.
City of Valley Falls
Valley Falls, KS 66088